Silo Community Church is led by a leadership of Elders consists of godly and qualified men/women of great integrity. The Elders/Pastors provides spirit oversight for the church as well as in matters relating to finances, policies and overall goals of our church. The Senior Pastor reports to the Elders of the church.
WHAT THEY DO?
1. Oversight and Accountability: The Elders/Pastors are responsible for the management of financial resources to ensure that Silo is a good steward of every
dollar that is contributed.
2. Strategic Assistance: The Elders/Pastors bring together the skills that God has gifted them with in the business and legal world to assist the Senior Pastor and pastoral
team and staff in making strategic decisions.
3. Policy Approval: The Elders/Pastors ensures that effective policies are in place to guide ministry practices and provide safeguards
HOW ARE ELDERS CHOSEN?
Periodically certain Elders will step off the Eldership role and new members will be added to the Elder team. The process for bringing on new members involves:
1. Nomination: The Senior Pastor or an active Elder can nominate people who they feel would be good additions to the team (based on character, giftedness, experience
and spiritual maturity). People at Silo can nominate others and/or themselves.
2. Confirmation: Once nominations are received, the Elders and pastoral team review the nominations and the Elders selects one or more candidates to interview. Selected candidates then interview with the Elders, after which time they jointly seek the Lord about the decision. The Elders then announced approved candidates to the congregation.
3. Affirmation: Candidates are presented to the congregation.
WHAT ARE THEIR QUALIFICATIONS TO BE AN ELDER?
The primary qualifications for Elders that are considered:
1. Do they model the character of Christ? (1 Timothy 3)
2. Is there evidence of the Spirit of God and wisdom? (Acts 6)
3. Do they support and love the vision of Silo?
4. Are they able to think strategically?
5. Can they collaborate effectively?
WHO ARE SILO CURRENT ELDERS?
1. Astrid Shay
2. Gerald Oliver
3. Tony Shay
4. Jeff Page
5. James Adams
6. Tabitha Adams
To explore the heart and process of elder(s) selection at Silo, please view this document: